Are you passionate about protecting earths scarce resources? Are you passionate about business development? Do you know about thermal and acoustic insulations?
Then come talk to us about a KAM role we have at our North American Operations
Key Account Manager – HVAC / Heat Pumps
Reporting to: VP Global Sales, Marketing & Customer Service
Rochester, NY, USA
The Key Account Management (KAM) defines the relationship between the business and the customers. The KAM is tasked with defining the individual approach to specific existing customers to create strong and lasting relationships and to grow the business. The main objective of the Key Account Manager is to manage a group of important customers (Key Accounts) to achieve designated sales targets through the implementation of appropriate and unique strategies for these key accounts.
The KAM maintains and expands relationships with clients and will work closely with business departments to maintain and develop the relationships with the key accounts. The Key Account Manager is responsible for the achievement of sales, EBITDA and new product introduction budget and is assigned key objectives and metrics relevant to key accounts.
The Key Account Manager represents the complete range of company solutions to the assigned customers. The KAM leads the consumer’s account planning cycle and ensures the client’s needs and expectations are met by the business.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales forecast and strategies for assigned areas or customers, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Researches and develops program support opportunities using customer information industry databases, and industry contacts.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand in line with Company Pricing policy.
- Builds and promotes strong, long-lasting customer relationships through partnering and understanding their needs, recommending new products and services to senior management to expand upon the relationships.
- Presents sales, revenue, and realistic forecasts using reporting tools.
- Identifies emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Interfaces with current and prospective customers to develop and solidify new business.
- Creates and communicates requests for quotes, to include pricing and discounts, ensuring costing updates are provided routinely throughout job order progression.
- Manages job order status for key customer accounts and provides timely reports to ensure delivery management is accurately maintained.
- Works with various US and International OEM, companies to identify and develop opportunities for new business growth.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Assists other Managers with the development of proposals, as required.
- Oversees compliance with applicable contractual agreements and internal controls.
- Investigates causes for lost sales and customer accounts, developing strategies to secure additional work to ensure sales objectives are maintained.
- Monitors customer satisfaction through Company tools to ensure strong service levels are maintained.
- Helps to resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service to a satisfactory resolution.
- Assists with the Development of sales presentations and proposals.
- Liaisons with other Company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- Prepares business models to support proposal submission considering minimum GM levels defined by the company.
- Always maintain themselves in a professional manner.
- Ensure safety policies are always followed.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with a strong background in metal machining and overhaul and remanufacturing of capital equipment focused on commercial printing, cash handling machines etc.
- Successful experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from lead generation to close.
- Strong business sense and relevant industry expertise.
- Team player with excellent communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of work time.
- Experience in developing and communicating proposals.
- Familiarity with international and domestic export compliance.
- Ability to use computer-based software to include MS Office and CRM systems.
- Familiarity in a Lean/Sigma environment desired.
- Ability to provide follow-up and reporting daily.
- An investigative mind.
- Ability to work alone or within a team.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Patience and diplomacy because job the requires collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups.
- The ability to understand and analyze complex information and present it simply and accurately.
work environment / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent (Domestic 90%, International 10%)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must understand HVAC / Heat Pump technology.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the HVAC industry.
- Salary (exempt) position – must be able to work extended hours as needed, not subject to overtime pay.
- KAM bonus.
- Monthly travel to Indiana office.